UF Health Neuromedicine Hospital
UF Health will open a new, one-of-a-kind neuromedicine hospital in 2017. The new hospital will focus on patient centered care for some of the most complex and rare neurological diseases and diagnoses.
The new hospital will allow for the consolidation of all neurological and neurosurgical services in one building creating shorter procedure times, a variety of treatment options and shorter hospital stays and faster recovery times.
The new UF Health Neuromedicine Hospital will have 96 patient beds located in the upper floors of the new tower. Below, radiology, presurgery, laboratory and other support services will be on the first floor so that patients will be able to have most of their health care needs met in one building. The hospital will also feature multiple hybrid operating rooms with the capability of adapting to rapidly changing medical technology.
- 48-bed neurointensive care unit offering the most advanced monitoring and technological innovations
- 48 neuromedicine inpatient rooms, all private with accommodations for family
- Accredited electroencephalography center co-located with patient exam rooms offering advanced neurological testing and study capabilities
- Radiology suite with two 640-slice volumetric CT scanners, two MRI systems and the latest ultrasound and X-ray devices
- Seven dedicated neuromedicine operating rooms, including two with intraoperative MRI and two hybrid endovascular/cerebrovascular ORs with the latest imaging capabilities