In 2015, the new University of Florida Health five-year strategic plan was introduced under the name “The Power of Together.” Together UF Health physicians and staff are shaping the future of patient care, learning and discovery. The plan is meant to serve as a roadmap while we build on our strengths and continue to invest carefully in the highest-quality patient care, comprehensive education and innovative research.
Our colleagues from outside the UF Health system play a very valuable role in our plan. We respect and value the relationship we have with all of our collaborators who send patients for treatment at the Preston A. Wells Jr. Center for Brain Tumor Therapy. Together, we can provide the most optimal treatment plans for our patients.
Our team is experienced in formulating effective treatments for all types of brain tumors.
Treatment may include:
- Minimally invasive computer-guided biopsies or tumor removals
- Awake craniotomies with brain mapping
- Advanced radiation oncology techniques, including intensity modulated conformal therapy and proton beam therapy
- Conventional and investigational chemotherapy/biological therapy options
- First-in-human immunotherapy treatments for recurrent adult and pediatric malignant tumors
- Laser interstitial thermal therapy for brain tumors and lesions